Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's not like anyone reads this thing anyway...

Is it the ultimate hubris to write your thoughts and about your day on the internet and expect anyone to even read it? Oddly enough, I enjoy going back and reading it but could easily do that in a journal. I've recently gotten sort of hooked on Facebook. I signed up a few years ago because I wanted to make sure Jeffrey wasn't doing anything that would get him into trouble online (he wasn't).

I'm tired and sore. I had to run through the airport like OJ (minus the knife) yesterday to catch the plane back from Atlanta. I was already late when they "randomly" pulled me out for further screening. I'm sure a short fat middle-aged redhead is dangerous. I was polite, friendly even because it didn't really slow me down too much. By now, they have quite the collection of my nekkid xray body as this is the third time I've had to go through that thing.

I spent the last week at a BPOC (Barcoding at the Point of Care) UnSUMMIT conference. It was a great but tiring learning experience. They crammed a lot into 3 days. I need all the knowledge I can get now that I am the lead for BCMA (BarCoded Medication Administration) for my organization. I have issues about doing a good job. If I'm going to do anything, I want to do it to the best of my ability and absolutely no screw ups. So, I"m learning as much as I can to plan for and prevent problems with this project.

Wish me luck!